25 June, 2009

Excellent Choice Instead of Your Boring Lunch Box



Excellent Choice Instead of Your Boring Lunch Box

-by Bandy -June 24, 2009

Name: Don Guacamole’s
Address: 1333 Robson, 604-569-2295, no website
Food type: Mexican food
Rating: Food ★★★★☆
Value ★★★☆☆
Service ★★★☆☆
Atmosphere ★★☆☆☆




Don Guacamole’s?


A few weeks ago, I saw a restaurant review about a Mexican restaurant on Robson. The name is Don Guacamole’s. The author wrote that the restaurant's name is ridiculous, obviously. “Don” means “Mr.” in Spanish. The restaurant name is the same as Mr. Spaghetti or Mr. Steak. So, the author hesitated to go to Don Guacamole’s.


But, the author’s friend said, “You should check it out, the food is amazing.” At the end of the review, the author represented that the Don Guacamole’s is probably the best Mexican food in downtown
Vancouver.


Actually, I always walk past the restaurant on the way to the school. However, I didn’t know that there is a restaurant there. As the above picture shows, the entrance is very small and not special. It’s a usual glass door. If you wanna go to there with your chubby friend, you should check the entrance door size before going.



Atmosphere

I went there around 1:00 P.M with my classmates. It was actually the end of crowded lunch time and it wasn't the weekend, so I just waited about 10 minutes.

While we were waiting for a table, one server served chips and three types of salsa.




Between the tables and chair is no space. (That’s why the servers are slim!) The restaurant is not roomy, and dark. If the weather was nice, I could have eaten at the outside tables. The background music is not overwhelming or loud.



The cooks made dishes quickly. The cooking process was open to everyone.




Food – Chicken Quesadilla


I am disgusted by cilantro. A Cilantro-phobe and Mexican food? It doesn’t make sense! When I lived in a Filipino home-stay, my host mom put cilantro in almost every dish. The cilantro flavor was like dish soap! (Don’t misunderstand me! I’ve never tried dish soap.)







I ordered Chicken Quesadilla, the price is $10. The decoration was normal, and neat.




I was a little bit worried about the cilantro flavor, but it’s totally different my home-stay mom’s. It was not too strong, thanks to being well mixed up in the warm shredded chicken. It looked oily, but surprisingly, while I was eating the two piece Quesadilla, I couldn’t feel the cheesy taste. It was basic fare!






Wow! It is coming to your mouth softly, with shredded chicken, properly moist tortilla, and Guacamole’s!











No comments:

Post a Comment